Saturday, October 24, 2009

ROCKFORD ALICANTE BOUCHET 2009

 - Barossa Valley, SA
 - $16-$24
 - Screwcap
 - 9.5%alc

Famous for being the rose made from the red grape with red juice, Rockford's Alicante Bouchet has reached cult status among Adelaide's rose drinkers.

Simple and confectionary, the 2009 Alicante Bouchet reveals a dirty nose of candied cherries, strawberry and kiwi fruit. Bound by sweet/sour edges its rather one dimensional palate presents predictable, candied red berry fruit flavours, ending short, sweet and dirty.

Sorry, not my style of wine. Drink to 2010.
83 points


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't like this, it's def my style of wine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry you're not alone! Sometimes I'm sure I'm the odd one out here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aussie boyfriend is coming over in october to the UK and will be bringing a bottle with him.. this wine sounds lovely and i'm looking forward to trying it. Will let you know what i think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Emma, like I said, it's not my style of wine, but on the plus side it could just be Australia's greatest example of a rose drinkers rose!

    I look forward to hearing about what you think and best of luck with the Aussie boyfriend visit - we Aussies aren't such bad guys are we?

    ; )

    Cheers,
    Chris P

    ReplyDelete